Mouthwatering Oat, Coconut, and Almond Cookies
Rolled oats, coconut, and flaked almonds provide the base for these nourishing cookies that are best enjoyed straight out of the oven.
Recently I've started baking more. There are a couple of reasons I'm trying to be more budget-conscious when it comes to the weekly grocery bill.
Even though baking is not for everyone, and it's usually not for me either. I've been enjoying recipes like this one because they're quick, easy and feel really nourishing!
These cookies are delicious. They are chewy, and the coconut and oats together give them a lovely texture that can make anyone's mouth water. They are also easy to make and take only about 25 minutes from start to finish. The first batch disappeared in a flash, so I made a second batch the following day.
I hope you enjoy them.
Oat, Coconut, and Almond Cookies Recipe
Prep 10 minutes | Cook time 15 Minutes | Makes 12 Cookies
1 Cup of Rolled Oats
½ Cup of Plain Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ cup of Desiccated Coconut
¼ cup of Flaked Almonds
½ cup of Brown Sugar
100g of Salted Butter (melted)
Measuring cups and spoons
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Grease the Baking tray with butter
- In a mixing bowl, add Rolled Oats, Flour, Baking Powder, Desiccated Coconut, Flaked Almonds, Brown Sugar
- Add egg and melted butter
- Fold ingredients until they are all mixed together.
- Roll the mixture into balls (approximately 1.5 to 2 inches in size) and place them on the baking tray. Flatten them slightly so that they look like a chunky disk shape.
- Pop the baking tray in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are a golden colour.
- Enjoy the cookies warm straight out of the oven or later when cooled.
*TIP. If you'd like your cookies to come out more chewy before baking (step 7), pop the tray in the fridge and allow the cookies to cool, and butter solidifies.